February 3, 2017 (9 AM–12 PM)
Temescal Pilates and Bodywork
5427 Telegraph Avenue
Oakland CA, 94609
$80 Single Class
$140 for this class plus “The (un)Common Core” (Feb 3, 1-4 PM) or “The Pelvic Floor Puzzle” (Feb 4, 9 AM–1 PM)
$198 for all three classes
In this 3-hour workshop/class, you’ll learn about the mechanisms of the body’s most misunderstood muscle group: the glutes. Put your new knowledge to the test with some fun exercises and drills, and get a tailored program for building the best butt you’ve ever had.
Be prepared to take notes, ask questions, and get a great guided workout.
- Evolutionary function and importance of the glutes
- Side-dominance and laterality: how to tailor your glute workout to your side-dominance patterning
- Test for strength and side-dominance behavior
Break (5-10 mins)
- Stagger-stance slump fall
- Flamingo lifts
- Glute bridges
Changes to daily movement
- Standing on non-dom. leg.
- Strengthening non-dom vassus medialus
- The 3 things you should never do in your next “butt-blasting” class