February 24, 2017 (9 AM–12 PM)
$80 Single Class
$140 for this class plus “The (un)Common Core” (Feb 24, 1-4 PM) or “The Pelvic Floor Puzzle” (Feb 25, 9 AM–1 PM)
$198 for all three classes
Since you’re looking at a screen in 2017, you probably already know that the glutes are having their day. Fitness companies are cashing in on “booty-blasting” workouts, usually with some variation of the following exercises: squats, deadlifts, donkey kicks, glute bridges.
Rembody tries to avoid jumping into the fray of fitness fads, but we felt compelled to offer an antidote to this one, because “booty blasting” can actually be counterproductive to other health-related goals.
And the truth is: building stronger, more functional glutes doesn’t require endless squats and donkey kicks—but, rather, in a thoughtful sequence of exercises that target one’s particular pattern of compensations and weaknesses.
In this 3-hour workshop/class, you’ll learn about the mechanisms of this misunderstood muscle group, put your new knowledge to the test with some fun exercises and drills, and get a tailored program for building the best butt you’ve ever had.
Be prepared to take notes, ask questions, and get a great guided workout.
- Evolutionary function and importance of the glutes
- Side-dominance and laterality: how to tailor your glute workout to your side-dominance patterning
- Test for strength and side-dominance behavior
Break (5-10 mins)
- Stagger-stance slump fall
- Flamingo lifts
- Glute bridges
Changes to daily movement
- Standing on non-dom. leg.
- Strengthening non-dom vassus medialus
- The 3 things you should never do in your next “butt-blasting” class