30. Larger groups available upon request.
Large indoor space with mirrors preferred.
Since you’re looking at a screen in 2017, you probably already know that the glutes are having their day. Fitness companies are cashing in on “booty-blasting” workouts, usually with some variation of the following exercises: squats, deadlifts, donkey kicks, glute bridges. (Over and over, forever. Repeat until dead.)
For the record: Reembody doesn’t fetishize one body part (or body size) over another. We believe that every part of your body should be useful, pain-free and functional.
Building stronger, more functional glutes doesn’t have to take the form of endless squats and donkey kicks. Some of the most effective glute work isn’t necessarily done in the gym, but rather in a thoughtful sequence of exercises that target one’s particular pattern of compensations and weaknesses.
In this 2-hour workshop/class, you’ll learn about the mechanisms of this misunderstood muscle group, put your new knowledge to the test with some fun exercises and drills, and get a tailored program for building the best butt you’ve ever had.
Be prepared to take notes, ask questions, and get a great guided workout.
- Evolutionary function and importance of the glutes
- Side-dominance and laterality: how to tailor your glute workout to your side-dominance patterning
- Test for strength and side-dominance behaviour
- Stagger shift
- Flamingo lifts
- Supine twist
- The Best Single Leg Squats
- Cross reach
Changes to daily movement
- How to actually use your non-dominant leg
- Ease tension in neck and shoulders
- The 3 things you should never do in your next “butt-blasting” class