Reembody Method™ Certification – Level 1
Thursday, September 10th, 2020 through Sunday, September 13th, 2020
Each day includes five hours of teaching and one hour-long lunch break
Included in Tuition
20 hours of instruction
Continuing-education credits (CECs) through NASM, ACSM, OBMT and NESTA
5 nights of group lodging (optional)
Ongoing access to case studies, office hours and support materials
After a brief dialectical overview of the Reembody Method model, participants explore activities that illustrate the principles of body organization: where do our movement patterns come from? How are they employed, and when? What are the factors that result in the body behaving the way it does? These questions have clear, elegant answers, and introducing them is the first priority.
Next comes the vocabulary of the model, and of the various predictive tools used by the Reembody Method to trim assessment and focus interventions where they can have the most impact. Breakout groups and hands-on practice allow participants to internalize these tools quickly—regardless of their professional background—while leaving plenty of room and time for discovery and refinement.
Particular attention will be paid to essential human movements like gait, upright standing and throwing. From these basic functions, a broad understanding of more complex patterns becomes more intuitive.
The course format is agile, allowing for quick shifts between lecture, discussion, and practicum—whatever serves the student’s real-time needs.
Completion of this course grants the title of Reembody Certified Apprentice (RCA), and allows enrollment in the level 2 Reembody Certified Apprentice Practitioner (RCAP) course.
- Identify discrete environmental forces acting on the body
- Develop basic proficiency in using Reembody Method predictive models
- Explore the value of trauma-informed practice
- Identify the basic principles of sensorimotor learning and skill acquisition
- Incorporate information from other disciplines to deepen understanding of human movement
- Understand the role of intuition in treatment, and identify techniques for honing intuition alongside conventional analysis
- Learn how to assess wellness practices for their potential benefit and harm
25 in stock