This is the Reembody Method™
The Reembody Method™ is the most comprehensive and practical system available for improving the quality of movement in the human body. Using a novel, three-point assessment algorithm, The Reembody Method™ allows practitioners to explore human movement in the context of the environment where that movement takes place. The result is a robust, intuitive understanding of how to improve performance—and eliminate dysfunction.
Premise 1: All movement is governed by the same, immutable physical principles.
The environment includes forces like gravity, friction, and air pressure; the human skeleton uses these forces to generate work. The Reembody Method™ offers a comprehensive map of these environmental forces, and challenges conventional wisdom about how they are interpreted by the nervous system and managed—or exploited—by the tissues of the body.
2nd Premise: Humans exhibit strong evolutionary specialization.
The structure of the human body is not an accident. Humans, like all animals, are highly specialized machines; our physiology, neurology, and psychology are keyed for specific tasks. Understanding how humans have developed—and comparing our adaptations to those of other vertebrates—provides valuable insight into human pathology and skeletal dysfunction, allowing the Reembody practitioner to design interventions and training protocols that exceed industry standards and patient expectations.
3rd Premise: Human movement is fundamentally predictable.
The biggest failing of most health and wellness methods is an inability to view the human body in context. A myopic focus on the individual tissues of the body has led to a generation of practitioners who have memorized the names, origins, insertions, and other minutia of hundreds of tissues—but who cannot offer a meaningful explanation of what they do. By incorporating physical, evolutionary, and anthropological analysis into our understanding of human anatomy, the Reembody Method™ provides a powerful system for predicting—not merely assessing—quality of movement.
Reembody Practitioner Certification
RCA-20 (Level 1): Apprentice
20 hours in-class instruction
Students will explore Reembody Method™ principles using both analytical and somatic processes. In addition to traditional lecture, students will engage in extensive solo and partnered sensorimotor exercises (SMEs). Basic movement patterns like walking, sitting, standing, squatting, and even falling, will be assessed before and after each SME to provide students with an opportunity to assess and discuss how movement quality is affected. Students will gain proficiency in their ability to extrapolate interventions and protocols for literally any pattern of movement the human body is capable of producing.
This pattern of observation and comparison is the primary engine of sensorimotor learning, allowing the method to be both understood and internalized simultaneously. Students will gain competency adapting Method principles to suit any physical skill they teach or perform.
Students will also be introduced to a novel set of hands-on techniques designed to support their clients’ proprioception and motor learning.
Completion of the Level 1 course will allow registration for the Level 2 course, which grants the title of Apprentice-Practitioner. Level 2 will provide much greater detail about hands-on techniques and client interface, as well as continuing to build on the information in Level 1. A Level 3 Practitioner training will be available following completion of the Level 2 course and 200 contact hours with an existing Reembody Certified Practitioner (RCP).
Completion of the Level 1: Apprentice course will allow students to:
- Demonstrate competence in the use of the Reembody Method™ to improve their own comfort, safety, and performance, regardless of activity or objective
- Introduce the Reembody Method™ to clients and patients, where appropriate
- Access the Reembody support network including case studies, office hours, reading lists, and FAQs
- Earn NASM and ACSM CECs
- Register for the Level 2: Apprentice-Practitioner course
- Hold the official title of Reembody-Certified Apprentice (RCA-20)
- Identify discrete environmental forces acting on the body
- Identify the basic principles of sensorimotor learning and skill acquisition
- Explore novel framework for nervous system, bone, muscle, and joint tissue within an environmental context
- Learn to use geometric tissue classifications to expedite assessment
- Develop predictions for physiological behaviours based on neurological laterality
- Identify the three primary drivers behind human natural selection: gait, throwing, and social communication
- Learn how to assess existing methods and cues for effectiveness
- Identify psychological barriers to client improvement: emotional guarding, self-image, proprioceptive gaps, social narrative, personality type, etc.
"I totally enjoyed exploring the effects of the workshop on my yoga practice. I had the sense that I could access a great deal more strength and flexibility in my body by more knowledgeably manipulating torques and forces."
- Elyse Shafarman, Bay area yoga and Alexander Technique practitioner
"The Reembody workshop with Kevin Moore was an excellent educational experience for anyone in the fitness industry- or anyone who just wants to move without pain. I appreciated Kevin's enthusiasm, sense of humor, and and logical approach to assessing movement. He definitely helped me find more efficiency in my body and rethink how I move."
- Erin Nicole Boyt, Seattle-area dancer and choreographer
"I can't pick a favorite part of this course. It was well organized, the teacher was compassionate, humble and very knowledgable, the support staff was amazing. The amount of information could seem overwhelming at times, but there was ample time to absorb the info."
- Dr. Reba Akin, Portland-based naturopathic doctor
"Beyond the explanation of physical movement, [Kevin] provided a more in-depth and person-centered approach. The Reembody Method has truly changed my life."
- Trenton Kowalczuk, Texas-based yoga teacher and SUP instructor
“I have had the pleasure of working with Kevin Moore for two years now. Kevin brings an energy and enthusiasm to his presenting that automatically engages his audience. His level of knowledge, detail and passion for movement and the body makes him one of the best in the business.”
- Ryan Mannix, Triathlon Australia coach educator, NSW Australia
“His insight and knowledge are what make Kevin Moore stand out in the field of body mechanics practitioners. Every time I have worked with him, I feel like he “gets me”. Not only that, his remedies are life-changers. Another friend described him as a genius; I feel he’s a wizard (magic included) because time spent with him produces amazing results.”
- Connie Voss, Nurse